All About Feelings
by Felicity Brooks
How are you feeling today? This fun, friendly and reassuring introduction to feelings is designed to help young children recognise, understand and name how they’re feeling and learn to talk about and manage their emotions in helpful ways.
The perfect introduction to helping little ones understand and handle their often confusing and jumbled-up emotions.
Browse our collection of books here – the perfect gift for your little ones.
- Reading age: 3-5 years
- 32 pages
Benefits of reading with children:
- Provides an opportunity for children and the adults in their lives to bond, strengthening their relationship
- Sparks imagination and creativity
- Expands expressive and receptive vocabulary
- Supports the exploration of a variety of concepts and topics (including friendship, starting school, emotions, and death)
- Supports the development of emotional intelligence
- Promotes brain development
About the Author
Felicity has worked for Usborne for over 30 years and has written and edited hundreds of titles, from books on tractors to genetics, from Shakespeare to mental health, and plenty of sparkly unicorns. Felicity is an expert in making tricky topics friendly and accessible to young children and recently has been writing books that celebrate feelings, friendship, empathy, families, and diversity.
When she’s not writing or researching very specific details on dinosaurs, Felicity can be found tramping through fields and forests foraging for food or just curled up with a bag of Twiglets, a couple of cats and a crossword.
Looking for something special? Browse our range of gorgeous gift ideas here.