Slow Down…On your doorstep
by Freya Hartas
Discover a magical world of nature on your doorstep. Charming rhyming verse introduces 6 mindful moments including a chick hatching from an egg, and dew collecting on a leaf to the youngest readers. A fabulous introduction for first readers, from the team that created international bestseller Slow Down.
Your little nature lover will enjoy learning about the natural world around them while reading this beautifully illustrated book.
Browse our collection of books here – the perfect gift for your little ones.
- 12 pages
- Board book
- Reading age: birth – 3 years
Benefits of reading with children:
- Provides an opportunity for children and the adults in their lives to bond, strengthening their relationship
- Sparks imagination and creativity
- Expands expressive and receptive vocabulary
- Supports the exploration of a variety of concepts and topics (including friendship, starting school, emotions, and death)
- Supports the development of emotional intelligence
- Promotes brain development
Looking for something special? Browse our range of gorgeous gift ideas here.
About the Author
Freya Hartas is a UK based illustrator specialising in children’s books. She lives in the vibrant city of Bristol with her partner and their ancient black cat Katsu and works from her cosy, cluttered desk in a shared studio down the road.
She graduated from Falmouth University with a first-class honours in BA Illustration in 2014. Freya loves to conjure up humorous characters, animals and monsters, creating the most fantastical worlds for them to inhabit and get lost in.
Her first title with Magic Cat, Slow Down, was an instant hit around the world, selling in more than 16 languages.