Holdie Folk Meet the Family | Olli Ella
Say hello to the happy residents of Holdie Land; the Holdie Folk. Measuring 11cm (the perfect size to fit in small hands or to take along in a pocket) the Holdie Folk might be small but all have big personalities!
Each one comes with clothes to dress them in: cotton undies and a linen romper or dress. And of course, they can live in Olli Ella’s beautiful Holdie House!
• Each Holdie Folk are fully posable and made from cotton and wool with polyester filling
• The Holdie Folk come dressed in their favourite removable linen outfit and cotton underwear
• Holdie Folk are all handmade, so some variation will occur
• Holdie Folk come loosely packaged without an individual box
• Age recommendation: 3+
Who will you choose to take home?
Click here to view more from the Olli Ella collection.
For our young children, small world play provides an important context for them to explore the world. To gain new knowledge, and to make sense in their own way of what is happening around them. This type of imaginative and role play is their language tool. It allows children to express thoughts and feelings which they may not know how to put into words.
They use this play to assimilate experiences, express feelings, release tension, as well as to manage stress and conflict.
Additional benefits of this type of play include:
- Increasing Imagination and Creativity
- Language Development – specifically beginning to play with ‘voice’ (taking on different characters) and beginning story-telling skills
- Problem Solving Skills – working through issues between characters, or working out problems within the scene itself
- Learning Cause and Effect – since your wee one has complete control over this little world he or she begins to see what happens when certain actions are taken
- Developing Independent Play Skills